Friday 19 February 2010

be my valentine

Through the wonders of modern technology ~ namely twitter, I heard that London wedding photographer Emily Quinton was to give up a day of her time to do portrait shots for couples on Valentines day with all donations going to Haiti. An amazing idea, a great cause and an opportunity I  just couldn't resist. I broached the subject with The Boy and surprisingly he was up for it.  Maybe it had something to do with the fact that after over seven years together we didn't actually have a decent photo of us together which believe it or not is actually quite common for couples.  So on Sunday we set off to Brick Lane in East London, on a grey drizzly and frrrrreezing Valentines morning to meet up with Emily.  
    
   
Brick lane was a fabulous location, and we couldn't believe our luck with the colour and love themed graffiti! The place was bustling with people setting up stalls ready for the day, and we had so much fun that we didn't even mind the fact it was a typical grey London day.
  
To be honest I don't know how Emily did it ~ rushing around East to West London, but she managed to shoot seven couples including us and here are a few shots from the other lovely couples.
 
 
I just have to add a very big thank you to Emily for her work and letting me share it! I hope all the other couples enjoyed it as much as we did! For more info on the day and more fabulous shots check out Emily Quinton's blog.

1 comment: