Thursday 12 February 2009

my my macaroon






It's official. I'm obsessed. My mother introduced these to me (she came across them in Le Paris of course) and I consider myself very lucky to be living in London so I can get my hands on them. This is Laudree - the home of the humble macaroon. So why the obsession with them? Well, they are small round cakes, crisp on the outside, smooth and soft in the middle. They come in a myriad of flavours including rose, pisatachio, mango, chocolate and limited edition seasonal ones too. As they come in a rainbow of colours, presentation wise they'll fit any colour theme. They also come in divine packaging so would make for perfect favours. Or, perhaps you could try stacking them for a macaroon tower. Just a word of warning to my friends - don't do this at your wedding as I will eat the whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment